Syfy sets premiere dates for 'Lost Girl,' 'Being Human's' second season
Network will air special holiday episodes of 'Eureka,' 'Haven,' 'Warehouse 13'
Syfy's having a busy day, announcing the return of "Being Human," the debut of "Lost Girl" and some fun holiday plans in December.
The 13-episode second season of "Being Human" will premiere Monday, January 16 at 9 p.m. "Being Human stars Sam Witwer, Meaghan Rath and Sam Huntington as supernatural roommates (a ghost, a vampire and a werewolf) trying to balance their dual lives in modern day Boston. Guest stars this season will include Dichen Lachman ("Dollhouse") and Kyle Schmid ("The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants").
The show is executive produced by Michael Prupas ("The Kennedys"), Jeremy Carver ("Supernatural") and Anna Fricke ("Men in Trees"), who both act as writers/showrunners, and Adam Kane ("Heroes').
Season one averaged 1.81 million viewers per episode, and stands as Syfy's most female-skewing scripted series ever.
Meanwhile, the cable network also announced the U.S. premiere of the hit Canadian supernatural drama "Lost Girl" will take place Monday, January 16 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. Syfy acquired season one and two's 26 episodes from Prodigy Pictures in May.
"Lost Girl" stars "The Ghost Whisperer's" Anna Silk as Bo, a Succubus who feeds off sexual energy, who must walk a fine line between the everyday, mortal world and one of supernatural mysticism.
Kris Holden-Ried as Dyson, Ksenia Solo Zoie Palmer and Rick Howland co-star.
Lastly, for the second year in a row, Syfy will celebrate the holidays with special, stand-alone episodes of "Eureka," "Warehouse 13" and "Haven."
All three episodes will premiere Tuesday, December 6 from 8 - 11 p.m. during Syfy’s Countdown to Christmas Week.
News From Our Partners
- Listen to Selena Gomez's 'Come & Get It' Remixes Katy Perry vs. Rita Ora vs. Beyonce vs. Kesha vs. Demi Lovato – Who Wore It Best? Chris Brown Launches New 'Channel' Website, Gets More Personal Than Ever
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels Watch an Extended Trailer for CBS's Under the Dome (VIDEO)
- 'Zombieland' TV Series: Amazon Passes on the Pilot 'How I Met Your Mother' Final Season Spoilers: Producers Explain Time-Turning Format Change 'The Hangover Part 3′ Red-Band NSFW Trailer: It's Time to End the Trilogy
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- Ilana Rapp: Actor Richard Harmon From Bates Motel and Continuum Talks about SpongeBob Squarepants and Yoga 'The Last Classic TV Comedy'? 'Biggest Loser' Host: 'I've Never Seen Jillian Eat A Cupcake'
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me