Sugarland takes No. 1 on Billboard 200 in slow sales week
Sales for the year so far still down in the double-digits
Country duo Sugarland's Wal-mart-only CD/DVD release "Live on the Inside" is this week's No. 1 on The Billboard 200, but sold significantly fewer than last week's milquetoast bow by Fabolous' "Loso's Way." The concert set moved 76,000 copies and is the follow-up to last years chart-topping "Love on the Inside."
"Loso's Way," which started last week with 99,000, takes a 63% hit to 37,000, bumping him down 1-9.
Despite a 16% sales decrease, the "Now 31" hits compilation rises 4-2 with 45,000.
Another country act, Gloriana, starts at No. 3 with its self-titled first album, with 44,000.
Black Eyed Peas' "The E.N.D." moves up 5-4 (44,000, -10%), Kings of Leon's "Only By the Night" rises 6-5 (44,000, -6%) and Daughtry's "Leave This Town" slips 2-6 (als 44,000, -29%). Maxwell's "BLACKsummers'night" descends 3-7 (43,000, -22%) while Taylor Swift's "Fearless" rebounds slighty, 9-8 (37,000, -1%).
Overall album sales in Aug. 3-9 total off 15.7% compared the same week last year, making the sales sum of the whole year off by 14.3% compared to this point last year.
News From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain