Studio already wants another 'Hangover'
Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis and Ed Helms already set for a sequel
That's a pretty hefty commitment to a low-budget comedy with relatively unproven stars and only limited early promotion, but the trade paper says that "The Hangover" tested well and that the trailer played well for exhibitors at ShoWest.
"The Hangover" focuses on a bachelor party in Vegas that goes astray when, amidst the bacchanalian fun, the groomsmen lose the groom. The movie is set to open on June 5, but Warner Brothers hopes to begin production on the sequel later this year.
This is the second preemptive sequel announced in less than a week. Paramount just hired Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof to write a sequel to "Star Trek." That film doesn't open until May 8, but at least it has a recognizable franchise name attached.
Stay up to date with the latest breaking news in the worlds of movies, TV and music by signing up for HitFix E-mail Alerts.
News From Our Partners
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (VIDEO)
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced
- The Saturdays Are Sexy Housewives Seeking a 'Gentleman' in New Video Enter for a Chance to See Emblem3 Live on 'Good Morning America!' Bruno Mars Rumored for 'American Idol' Judge Spot
- CBS Fall 2013: 'Intelligence' Extended Trailer Evokes 'Chuck' For Grown-Ups Marvel's 'Avengers Assemble': Producers Explain Movie Tie-In, Plus New Clip! 'Hannibal' Review: "Trou Normand"
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Less Jaywalking, More Web-friendly Clips: Dos and Don'ts for Seth Meyers' Late Night Career
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Scoop: 'Callie Isn't A Victim' 'Supernatural's' Surprising Ratings Victory Three Years Later, People Are Still Livid About 'Lost'
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- Podmass: David Sedaris describes his bath time, cicadas are explained, and Wompler returns Interview: Mitchell Hurwitz talks about the resurrection of Arrested Development AVQ&A: What pop-culture family would you want to join?