Stream Foo Fighters' new album 'Wasting Light' in its entirety right here
No foolin': Rock act to tour garages, plus 3-D concert and documentary screenings
The Foo Fighters hardly want to keep a lid on their new effort: the band has posted a SoundCloud of "Wasting Light" in its entirety and you can stream it in full below.
Dave Grohl & Co. already released a slew of songs from the effort, due April 12, and have furthermore invited themselves into fans' homes -- or rather, their garages.
The Foos are playing in eight lucky fans' garages starting on April 8 in select markets, below. Entrants to the contest were encouraged to write a short blurb as to why the Foo Fighters should set up shop in their home for a night. Winners will get to invite 50 of the friends, while rock radio stations will be giving away remaining tickets.
The contest is now closed but stay tuned for locations and tune in to the accompanying radio stations below for your chance at tickets.
Meanwhile, for those out of that pocket, there's always checking out the band on the big screen. "Foo Fighters: Back and Forth," the documentary that premiered at SXSW in March, will bow in dozens of cities in movie theaters, all on the same night all around the same time: April 5 at 9 p.m. EST. After that show's over, another begins, as the band will perform the new album, well, front to back. In 3-D. Hollywood got to these guys in at least one regard...
Check out the film website for all details.
Here are Foo Fighters' garage tour dates:
April 8 New York (RXP 101.9)
April 13 Washington DC (DC 101)
April 14 Toronto (102.1 The Edge)
April 19 Chicago (Q101)
April 20 Minneapolis (93X Rocks)
April 25 Denver (Channel 93.3)
April 26 Dallas (102.1FM The Edge)
April 27 Seattle (107.7 The End)
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman