Stephen Moyer lands two movies to sink his teen into after 'True Blood'
'The Double' and 'The Big Valley' will keep the actor busy before season 4
"True Blood" fans everywhere are getting excited at the prospect of a return to Bon Temps, Louisiana Sunday night for the continuing melodramatic adventures of Sookie, Bill, Jason, Eric, Sam and the rest of the gang. In the meantime, the show's stars are booking work as the series wraps up shooting season three. One of the leads, Stephen Moyer, is already making noise with two new movie roles.
The first project is "The Double," a new thriller which will find Moyer playing a Russian spy in a conspiracy to kill a U.S. Senator. Richard Gere and Topher Grace will play a retired CIA officer and a newbie FBI agent trying to stop the assassination in what will be the directorial debut for screenwriter Michael Brandt ("3:10 to Yuma"). Production on the film begins June 21 in incentive-friendly Detroit, Michigan.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the second flick is a big screen adaptation of the 1960s TV series "The Big Valley." Moyer will star alongside Jessica Lange who plays the matriarch of a family of California Ranchers in the late 1800s (a role originated by Barbara Stanwyck). The "True Blood" mainstay's role is Jarrod Barkley, a local attorney who stands up for families fighting to keep their land taken over by aggressive railroad companies. "Valley" will start shooting in, um, Louisiana (another tax break state) this July.
Before "True Blood" season 4 debuts next summer, Moyer will appear in a different vampire-themed flick, "Priest." That thriller opens nationwide on March 4.
News From Our Partners
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!