Sylvester Stallone has filled 'The Expendables' with stuff guys love
Dudes will rejoice at the bounty of macho
Sylvester Stallone may have worked a few minor miracles to bring cast of "The Expendables" together into one movie. It seems like every single great living action star is in the flick. Bruce Willis, Dolph Lundgren, Steve Austin, Randy Couture and Terry Crews AND the Governator, all in one movie? Amazing!
But he didn't stop there. If these five clips are any indication, he also filled his new movie with stuff guys love.
Got XY chromosomes? Need a testosterone topper? Sly's got you covered. Check out these clips, they're so full of manly-stuff they'll lower your voice at least two octaves.
#1: Vintage Trucks
What do bad-asses drive? Souped up vintage Detroit steel, that's what. Nothing like the savage rumble of eight cylinders of pure torque to get you out of a bad-guy related jam. What makes Sly's truck even cooler? Jet Li in the passenger seat.
Nothing says "Tough" like the hours and hours of excruciating needlework required to cover your considerably large back with intricate tattoos. Once only the domain of manly men like sailors and bikers, tattoos are now a little more mainstream. They still, however, require some pain and bravery. You know what's especially brave? Trusting that Mickey Rourke can see straight before he starts woking on you.
Guys like guns. Guys like gunfights. Guys like seeing bad guys get shot. Guys like the tension that happens before a gunfight. Guys like seeing that tension end with an explosion of fire out of many a long tube of gunmetal. Guys DON'T like Freudian analysis.
#4: Motorcycles and Ass Kicking
Few action stars in recent memory are as good at the art of good old fashioned, bare knuckled ass-kicking as Jason Stratham. In the clip below he takes care of a group of big jerks with the ease and panache we've come to expect from him. All done after riding in on a sweet bike, of course.
#5: Mushy guy talk
What? Guys don't like talking about their feelings, or whining about breaking up with some girl! But let's admit it, it happens. And if it has to happen, and two dudes need to open up, they might as well do it in the cockpit of a twin prop vintage warplane flying over a deep impenetrable jungle, right?
The Expendables opens August 13th in theaters everywhere
News From Our Partners
- Kanye West Debuts 'Black Skinhead' Kanye Storms 'SNL' The 'Doctors' Unite
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Watch 2PM Give Each Other Hugs, Spankings + Piggyback Rides at '2PM Is Back With Genie' Concert [Video] Would Adam Lambert Judge 'American Idol?' [Video] Chris Brown Receiving Death Threats
- Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Announcement Trailer is Full of Swords and Ponytails SNL: Ben Affleck Joins the "Fiver Timers Club" and Explains His Oscar Speech SNL: Iran Responds to 'Argo' With a Film of Its Own
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures