Snoop Dogg, Wiz Khalifa go to 'High School' in official new collaborative album
Rappers going on short tour in support, led by Bruno Mars-starring single
At long last, it looks like Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa are ready to graduate "High School." The two weed-prone rappers have been at work on a collaborative album, a companion to their forthcoming buddy film "Mac and Devin Go to High School," and that set will come to fruition for fans on Dec. 13.
Wiz and Snoop both star in "High School," with the former as an L.A. high school overachiever and would-be valedictorian speech-writer Devin and the latter as "five-year senior and consummate ladies man" Mac, who has a crush on a new substitute teacher. "[Mac] soon realizes that the only way he'll truly have a chance with her is if he finally graduates high school. In three weeks time, Mac must cram four years of high school academics, while Devin must cram four years of teenage experience," reads the official synopsis.
"High School," the movie, has no release date yet, and may go straight to video. The album, however, is led by single "Young, Wild & Free," featuring Bruno Mars. The Smeezingtons-helmed tune may be a shock to listeners expecting tougher rhymes from still-rising Khalifa and veteran Snoop Dogg, but there's a whole album left for opportunity. Check out "The Weed Iz Mine," which is also expected to be included on the set.
There's also a short tour in support, with six stops in major cities in America in a mere month's time. The High School Tour starts in New York on Dec. 5 and ends in Los Angeles on Dec. 13.
Here are Wiz Khalifa and Snoop Dogg's tour dates:
Dec. 5 New York, NY Terminal 5
Dec. 6 Philadelphia, PA Electric Factory
Dec. 7 Washington, D.C. 9:30 Club
Dec. 10 Atlanta, GA Tabernacle
Dec. 12 San Francisco, CA The Warfield Theatre
Dec. 13 Los Angeles, CA The Wiltern
News From Our Partners
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- Listen to Selena Gomez's 'Come & Get It' Remixes Katy Perry vs. Rita Ora vs. Beyonce vs. Kesha vs. Demi Lovato – Who Wore It Best? Chris Brown Launches New 'Channel' Website, Gets More Personal Than Ever
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- Ilana Rapp: Actor Richard Harmon From Bates Motel and Continuum Talks about SpongeBob Squarepants and Yoga 'The Last Classic TV Comedy'? 'Biggest Loser' Host: 'I've Never Seen Jillian Eat A Cupcake'
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels Watch an Extended Trailer for CBS's Under the Dome (VIDEO)
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed