Sneak Peek: 'Tron Legacy' makes an electric revelation
New photo and teaser poster for the long-awaited Sci-Fi reboot
It's been a semi-tough year for Walt Disney Studios. They've had big hits such as "The Proposal" and Pixar's "Up," but expected blockbusters such as "G-Force," "Surrogates" and "A Christmas Carol" were anything but. This led to chairman Dick Cook getting axed and eventually his head of marketing met the same fate. But while Cook may have leaned a bit to heavily on the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus' of the Disney family to keep things afloat (which wasn't always the smartest strategy), he did put a number of films into production that have a chance of truly breaking out past his departure. Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" will be Cook's first "I told you so" this Spring, but next Christmas he may be wistful over a potential monster debut of "Tron Legacy."
The long-hoped for sequel to 1982's groundbreaking "Tron," the new film finds Jeff Bridges returning as Kevin Flynn and a new generation entering the virtual world he created. This writer had a chance to visit the set where stars Olivia Wilde ("House") and Garrett Hedlund ("Four Brothers") were bringing "Tron Legacy" to life, but that will be a story for another day. Still, it's not surprising that with the film's debut a year away Disney had released a new poster and the first official still of, appropriately, Wilde and Hedlund to strategically wet fans appetites. You can check them out below.
If you can't get enough of a "Tron Legacy" fix, take a few minutes and enjoy the conceptual test that sold the movie to Cook and the studio embedded in this page. You can also view a gallery of the very sweet life size replica of the "Legacy" light cycle that made a surprise appearance at this year's Comic-Con here.
"Tron Legacy" opens nationwide on Dec. 17, 2010.
What do you think of the new images? Share your thoughts below.
News From Our Partners
- Kanye West Debuts 'Black Skinhead' Kanye Storms 'SNL' The 'Doctors' Unite
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Announcement Trailer is Full of Swords and Ponytails SNL: Ben Affleck Joins the "Fiver Timers Club" and Explains His Oscar Speech SNL: Iran Responds to 'Argo' With a Film of Its Own
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Watch 2PM Give Each Other Hugs, Spankings + Piggyback Rides at '2PM Is Back With Genie' Concert [Video] Would Adam Lambert Judge 'American Idol?' [Video] Chris Brown Receiving Death Threats
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?