Shocker: Lil Wayne signs 4-album deal with Cash Money, including a love songs set
'I Am Not a Human Being II' due this summer
This may come as a shock but Lil Wayne wishes to continue working with Cash Money.
The rapper announced on MTV that he's re-upped with his longtime label home, inking a four-album deal. His first expected effort behind that agreement: "I Am Not a Human Being II," a sequel of sorts to -- you guessed it -- "I Am Not a Human Being" from 2010. No release date has been set for "II," though label head Bryan "Birdman" Williams has previously hinted at a spring drop. Considering Weezy's previous date push-backs, look more at the summer.
His next album will be the follow-up to "Tha Carter IV," out last year after the rapper had been released from prison.
"Contract-wise, I only get paid for 12 songs. Maybe on a 'Carter' album, you probably only gonna get 12 songs, maybe a bonus 13. But on this 'I Am Not a Human Being' thing, I really don't care... you're probably gonna get 16 on there," he said in his interview.
Wayne also said he was embracing his creative side that rolled out songs like "How to Love": that's right, ladies, he's planning a love songs set, tentatively titled "DEVOL" (LOVED backwards). Check out the video below.
"Everybody knows I came into the game at 11 years old with Cash Money Records, before we even had a major deal," Wayne said. "We signed a deal in I don't remember when, and I been with Cash Money ever since. So if you're looking for integrity, I am the definition. If you're looking for a person that's gonna stay down, I am the definition. If you're looking for loyalty, I am just that."
News From Our Partners
- Laura Prudom: The Ultimate Sacrifice You Won't Believe What He Stole From George W. Bush It's Getting Ugly
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Arrow Season 1 Finale Review: The Tragedies of Men Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival
- 'Supernatural' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Arrow' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Modern Family' Review: "Games People Play"
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is Back and Playing for Blood 'Rio 2' Teaser Trailer Has Landed: Let's Dance! Cannes 2013: Celebs Invade Opening Ceremony (PHOTOS)
- 'American Idol' Recap: Top 2 Perform Shakira Leaving 'The Voice' Next Season Source Claims Kanye West + Kim Kardashian Will Most Likely Break Up Before the Baby Is Born
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- Interview: Noah Baumbach on how Frances Ha helped him see New York City with new eyes Random Roles: James Urbaniak on Venture Bros.’ return and Hal Hartley’s Lord Of The Rings Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first