Sean Bean plays HBO's 'Game of Thrones'
'Lord of the Rings' star joins Peter Dinklage in HBO's George R.R. Martin adaptation
"Game of Thrones" is the first book in Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series and explaining the plot here would take more space than we're allowed. It involves the conflict between several ruling families in the Seven Kingdoms, all trying to control the Iron Throne.
Addy ("The Full Monty") will play King Robert, with Bean as Ned Stark, the king's close advisor.
The trade paper says that Harrington will play Jon, Ned's son, Gleeson will play the King's son Robert, and Lloyd will play Viserys, a bitter former heir to royalty.
Peter Dinklage was previously cast in the pilot as Tyrion Lannister, a sarcastic dwarf.
Tom McCarthy ("The Visitor") is directing the pilot, which was adapted by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.
Bean's most recent TV project was NBC's "Crusoe." He's best known as Boromir from the "Lord of the Rings" films, or from movies including "Flight Plan," "GoldenEye" and "Patriot Games."
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games?
- The Women TV Is Still Missing Jason Isaacs Reveals The One Co-Star He Won't Work With Again WATCH: La Toya's Tearful Break-Up Phone Call
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- One Direction Thank Their Fans for 2013 Billboard Music Award Wins Drake + Jay-Z Working on New Music [Pic] Taylor Swift Gets Grossed Out When Selena Gomez + Justin Bieber Kiss Backstage at 2013 Billboard Awards [Pics]
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast? 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Spoiler Special: Burning Questions Answered 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now!
- Why Do I Own This?: A pint glass nicked from Forks, Washington, a.k.a. “Twilight, U.S.A.” Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling Nerd Curious: Why the essential collection Bradbury Stories explains how to live forever
- Sony Teases PlayStation 4 E3 Console Reveal in New Video George Takei as Every Character in 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Nintendo Promises Details on New 3D Mario, Smash Bros Before E3
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh