Scott Wolf invades ABC's 'V' remake
Jonathan Silverman and Julie Bowen join 'Party of Five' star in landing ABC pilot leads
Scott Wolf has been cast in ABC's update of the sci-fi classic "V."
In addition, according to The Hollywood Reporter, Jonathan Silverman and Julie Bowen have also landed pilot leads at ABC.
"V," an update of the '80s miniseries, is set in the future and finds humanity ruled by alien Visitors. The trade paper says that Wolf will play a news anchor who sees propping up the alien cause as a path to career advancement.
Wolf's most recent TV gig was on ABC's "The Nine." He's also starred in "Party of Five" and appeared on "Everwood."
Bowen, meanwhile, will star in "My American Family," which focuses on a "traditional" married couple (Bowen, Ty Burrell), a gay couple and a multiethnic couple.
TV credits for Bowen include "Lost" and "Boston Legal," both on ABC, as well as "Ed."
Silverman ("The Single Guy") is set for ABC's untitled Jeff Strauss comedy pilot, which also focuses on three couples. The "Weekend at Bernie's" star's last regular TV job was on ABC's "In Case of Emergency."
In other casting news courtesy of the same Hollywood Reporter story, Michael O'Keefe, Courtney Henggeler, Frances Turner and Beth Broderick are set for the FOX comedy "Two Dollar Beer," Dania Ramirez, Brad William Henke and Patrick St. Esprit will appear in ABC's untitled Daniel Cerone drama and Tawny Cypress and Sean Bridgers will co-star in CBS' "House Rules."
Stay up to date with the latest breaking news in the worlds of movies, TV and music by signing up for HitFix E-mail Alerts.
News From Our Partners
- "Fast & Furious 6" vs. "The Hangover: Part III": Which Movie Should You See? (VIDEO) 'Fast and Furious 6' Review: 10 Things You Should Know About the Action-Packed Sequel 'After Earth' Unscripted: Will and Jaden Smith on Filming With Deadly Snakes & On-Set Parenting (VIDEO)
- Why He Fell Asleep During That Interview Alex Trebek Has Gone Completely Insane Arrested Development Could Really Teach Politicians A Thing Or Two
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go?
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
- 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In! 'Return Of The Jedi' Turns 30: Secrets Of Ewok Language Revealed! 'Fast & Furious 6' Expected To Lap 'Hangover III' At Box Office
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- fun. Hit the Jersey Shore for 2013 'TODAY Show' Summer Concert Series Jennifer Hudson Reportedly Confirmed as 'American Idol' Judge Meet the Woman Who Won PopCrush's Autographed Pink Guitar!