Scarlett Johansson, Pete Yorn collaborate on new album
'Break Up' with Yorn due in September
Actress/singer Scarlett Johansson teamed up with singer-songwriter Pete Yorn for a collaborative new effort, "Break Up."
USA Today reports that the album, due Sept. 8 via Atco/Rhino, was inspired by Serge Gainsbourg's recordings with Brigitte Bardot in the '60s. Yorn wanted to work with the actress after the idea came to him in a dream.
"Break Up," produced by Sunny Levine, consists of originals penned by Yorn plus a cover of Chris Bell's "I Am the Cosmos" to create a story of getting together and breaking up. Johansson recorded the sessions with Yorn in only two afternoons some time in 2006, two years before Johannson released her 2008 Tom Waits cover album "Anywhere I Lay My Head."
Yorn was having a busy year already, as he prepares to release his fourth full-length album "Back and Forth" at the end of June.
Listen to a stream of the song "Relator" at the Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson "Break Up" website.
News From Our Partners
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21