Sandra Bullock coming as close as possible to another 'Proposal'
Warner Bros flick would reunite Oscar winner with director Annie Fletcher
It's still unclear if Sandra Bullock will commit to Alfonso Cuaron's "Gravity" or Stephen Daldry's "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" for her next film, but last year's best actress Oscar winner has a much more active development slate these days.
Bullock already has "Most Wanted" in the works at Universal, a comedy that would reunite her with her "Proposal" co-star Ryan Reynolds and director Anne Fletcher. But now, according to Variety, she's got another Fletcher flick in the works. Little is known about the project, but it's a modern-day picture described as a mix of Paul Mazursky's "An Unmarried Woman" and "Saturday Night Fever." Considering Fletcher's experience as a choreographer and Adam Shankman's involvement as a producer, those elements seem to insinuate dancing will be a key element in the film.
The screenplay is by Pamela Falk and Michael Ellis whose credits include Shankman's "The Wedding Planner" and the upcoming Jessica Alba drama "An Invisible Sign."
"The Proposal" grossed $317 million worldwide last summer. That was Bullock's biggest film of her career before "The Blind Side" rocked the late fall box office and delivered the audience favorite a surprise Academy Award. Walt Disney Studios's new management decided not to go forward with a "Proposal" sequel and Bullock, Reynolds and Fletcher appear to have been trying to reunite on their own ever since.
No word on how far the script is on this new Warner Bros. film or how quickly it could begin production.
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- 'Zombieland' TV Series: Amazon Passes on the Pilot 'How I Met Your Mother' Final Season Spoilers: Producers Explain Time-Turning Format Change 'The Hangover Part 3′ Red-Band NSFW Trailer: It's Time to End the Trilogy
- Listen to Selena Gomez's 'Come & Get It' Remixes Katy Perry vs. Rita Ora vs. Beyonce vs. Kesha vs. Demi Lovato – Who Wore It Best? Chris Brown Launches New 'Channel' Website, Gets More Personal Than Ever
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels Watch an Extended Trailer for CBS's Under the Dome (VIDEO)
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock