'Man of Steel' star Russell Crowe may be getting Biblical as title character in Darren Aronofsky's 'Noah'
'Black Swan' director pursuing the Oscar-winning actor for new film
"Black Swan" director Darren Aronofsky is currently casting about for an actor to star in his forthcoming Biblical epic "Noah" (which he's hoping to start production on in the spring), and reports now indicate he's pursuing Russell Crowe for the title role. In addition, he's also allegedly interested in giving another part in the film to Liam Neeson, who just kicked butt at the box-office last weekend with his latest action film "The Grey". The role in question for the latter is unknown at this time, however.
The news was exclusively reported by Deadline.
Crowe has been a busy man as of late, recently doing work on both "Man of Steel" (in which he co-stars as Superman's biological father Jor-El) and "Broken City", the Allen Hughes-directed crime drama that also stars Mark Wahlberg and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
It should be noted that the above "news" is very preliminary and may not ultimately lead to a deal, though it's certainly an intriguing prospect, and Aronofsky certainly has a lot of pull with actors these days given that the stars of his last two films (Mickey Rourke in "The Wrestler" and Natalie Portman in "Black Swan") both scored Oscar nods, with Portman ultimately taking home the big prize.
So, what are your thoughts on Crowe as Noah? Would he be a good fit, or is there another actor you think might be better for the part? Sound off in the comments!
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas' 'Rapturepalooza' Trailer: Anna Kendrick Gets Seduced by Satan 'Doctor Who' Season 8: Matt Smith Confirmed to Stay Another Year?
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- Behind The Shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' Finale WATCH: Tobias Fünke's New Sizzle Reel Is Epic JLo Steals Spotlight On 'American Idol'