Mickey Rourke to star in 'Mona Lisa' remake
Likely to perform opposite of Eva Green
The Wrestler is going Gangster in an upcoming remake of British flick "Mona Lisa." Mickey Rourke has been tapped as the leading ex-con role, likely to play opposite of former Bond girl Eva Green who is in the advanced stages of signing on to the Handmade Films pic, according to Variety.
Writing and directing duties go to Helmer Larry Clark, who lead the charge in "Kids," "Bully" and "Wassup Rockers." Shooting starts in July in New York.
The original version of the film was released in 1986, and earned Bob Hoskins an Oscar nomination for Best Actor.
News From Our Partners
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1