Rosario Dawson may join James McAvoy, Vincent Cassel in 'Trance'
Heist thriller to be directed by '127 Hours' helmer Danny Boyle
Rosario Dawson is likely joining James McAvoy and Vincent Cassel in "Trance," helmed by "127 Hours" director Danny Boyle, according to Deadline.com.
The Fox Searchlight thriller is set to star McAvoy ("X-Men: First Class") and Cassel ("Black Swan") as collaborators in an art heist that goes awry. Dawson is in talks to play the love interest who gets caught up between the two men.
Boyle's regular collaborator Christian Colson will co-produce.
"Trance" plans to start shooting in London this September.
Boyle won the directing Oscar in 2008 for "Slumdog Millionaire," and was also nominated for last year's "127 Hours" with James Franco. In addition to "Trance," he will also direct the opening ceremonies of the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, which will take place between production and post-production on "Trance." The film is aiming for a March 2013 release.
Dawson can currently be seen opposite Kevin James in "The Zookeeper," and will soon appear in "Ten Year," "Gimme Shelter" and "Fire With Fire."
McAvoy is currently shooting the detective drama "Welcome to the Punch" with Mark Strong ("Green Lantern").
Cassel is re-joining his "Eastern Promises" director David Cronenberg on the upcoming "A Dangerous Method," co-starring Keira Knightley and Viggo Mortensen.
News From Our Partners
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- WATCH: SNL Spoofs San Francisco's Bacon Bacon Controversy Mike Hogan: The Wedding From Hell WATCH: 'SNL' Takes On IRS Scandal
- Inventory: “Illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money”: 20 inept magicians in pop culture For Our Consideration: The crowd-funding conundrum: The line between bringing fans closer and taking advantage Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games? FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19)
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Nicki Minaj Gives Lil Wayne a Lap Dance During 'High School' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] David Guetta, Akon + Ne-Yo 'Play Hard' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] Prince Closes 2013 Billboard Music Awards With Rare Performance Medley
- 'Mad Men' Review: "The Crash" 'Game of Thrones' Review: "Second Sons" 'Star Wars Episode 7′ — Jonathan Rhys Meyers to Join the Cast?