Rick Ross reveals 'God Forgives' release date, signs Omarion to Maybach Music
UPDATE: Watch official music video for 'Bag of Money' from 'Self Made Vol. 2' compilation
Rick Ross and his Maybach Music Group had a number of announcements to make during their press conference in New York today, including a save-the-date on the much-anticipated "God Forgives, I Don't" and revealing that B2K singer Omarion had signed to the label. Rozay was joined by other rap stars like Bad Boy head Diddy, exec/artist/producer Swizz Beatz, French Montana and Meek Mill, who also participated in the live-streamed press event.
Ross' "God Forgives, I Don't" will finally arrive through Def Jam/Maybach/Warner Bros. on July 31, while Mills' "Dreams and Nightmares" will be released in August through Maybach. The latter is also prepping the May 7 kickoff of his mixtape "Dream Chasers 2." MMG's compilation "Self Made Vol. 2" will be out on June 26, featuring all sorts of artists from the hip-hop roster.
“This one is much better than the first,” said Ross.
"This is more of a body of work,” followed Wale.
One of those contributing artists will be Omarion, who's been hunting for a permanent home since B2K broke up in the early aughts. The artist/dancer/actor had previously been signed for a short time to Cash Money, but now he's happy to call himself Maybach O. He last dropped "The Awakening" mixtape last May.
UPDATE: Check out the official music video for "Bag of Money" with Ross, Mill, Wale and featuring T-Pain. It's the first single from "Self Made Vol. 2."
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
3 months ago
6 months ago
|Discuss Music General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1