Report: 'The Avengers' raking in over $70 million overseas
Marvel superhero epic still not open in U.S., China, Japan and Russia
The whole world loves "The Avengers."
While the Marvel superhero film, directed by Joss Whedon, doesn't open in the U.S for another week, audiences in 41 countries are already enjoying the adventures of the super team.
Unsurprisingly, "The Avengers" is breaking records left and right, and is racking up an estimated $73.1 million at the international box office in just its first 3 days.
Among the territories where it's playing, it picked up $11.1 million in Australia, $9.4 million in the U.K., $6.8 million in France, $4.5M in Korea, and $1.7 million in Hong Kong, according to Deadline.
It has yet to open in such key overseas markets as Russia, China and Japan, so expect it to pull in a lot more rubles, yuan and yen over the next few weeks.
Meanwhile, pre-sales in the U.S. are through the roof. "The Avengers" made up for more than 60% of all pre-sold movie tickets online this week. It's pre-sold more tickets than all the other Marvel films combined.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
Have you seen "The Avengers" yet?
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
11 days ago
about 1 month ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman