Report: Sally Field in talks to play Aunt May in 'Spider-Man'
Could Peter Parker's Aunt be undergoing a radical transformation?
Still eternally youthful at the age of 63, Sally Field hardly resembles the traditional image of what most comic book readers expect of Peter Parker's beloved Aunt May. However, reports suggests the two-time Oscar winner is in negotiations to join Martin Sheen, Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Rhys Ifans in Marc Webb's reboot of "Spider-Man."
The news was initially broken by the Hollywood Reporter's Heat Vision blog, but is spreading around town like wildfire. If the "Brothers and Sisters" star joined the cast, it would be a radical transformation of the character who was previously played, to great acclaim, by Rosemary Harris in Sam Raimi's three "Spider-Man" films.
Field has been a staple of the small screen in recent years, but her legendary credits include "Norma Rae," "Places in the Heart," "Smokey and the Bandit," "Steel Magnolias," "Murphy's Romance," "Mrs. Doubtfire" and, of course, the classic "Not Without My Daughter."
If production continues on schedule for next spring, scheduling issues may have to be worked out with her commitments to the popular ABC ensemble drama.
Earlier in the day, it was revealed Martin Sheen is in talks to play Uncle Ben in the potential blockbuster.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
News From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures