Report: Movie version of next 'Da Vinci' thriller 'The Lost Symbol' in the works
Third Robert Langdon novel hitting booksellers on Sept 15
Variety is reporting today that Columbia Pictures is already developing a big screen version of the new Dan Brown novel "The Lost Symbol," the third installment of the author's Robert Langdon series which gained worldwide popularity after "The Da Vinci Code." With a massive 5 million order print run, "The Lost Symbol" will hit booksellers on Sept 15.
The trade did not elaborate on how involved "Da Vinci" producer Brian Grazer and director Ron Howard have been on developing a new film around the book. At this point, probably little considering Brown just completed his manuscript. It's also too early to speculate on whether Tom Hanks is committed to starring in a third feature as the investigative professor. However, if Columbia can get another film up and running, it would be a relief for a studio whose only other true franchise is "Spider-Man." Especially after the $758 million gross of the first 2006 thriller.
The second installment of the "Da Vinci" franchise, "Angels & Demons," opens nationwide next month.
News From Our Partners
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels Watch an Extended Trailer for CBS's Under the Dome (VIDEO)
- Listen to Selena Gomez's 'Come & Get It' Remixes Katy Perry vs. Rita Ora vs. Beyonce vs. Kesha vs. Demi Lovato – Who Wore It Best? Chris Brown Launches New 'Channel' Website, Gets More Personal Than Ever
- 'Zombieland' TV Series: Amazon Passes on the Pilot 'How I Met Your Mother' Final Season Spoilers: Producers Explain Time-Turning Format Change 'The Hangover Part 3′ Red-Band NSFW Trailer: It's Time to End the Trilogy