Report: 'Wrath of the Titans' cuts Liam Neeson's cameo in 'The Hangover, Part II'
'Wrath of the Titans' gets in the way of additional shooting
It may be the most notorious movie cameo this century. Well, at least for all the well known actors who have shot it only to not make the final cut.
Director Todd Phillips first wanted to hire Mel Gibson for the role of a tattoo artist who the heroes of the film have to track down during their Thailand adventure in "The Hangover, Part II." That didn't go over well with some of the franchise's stars so Phillips reluctantly dropped Gibson and shot the cameo with Neeson instead. Now, less than two months before the sequel explodes at the box office, it turns out Neeson won't appear in the expected blockbuster after all.
According to TMZ, Neeson's busy schedule shooting "Wrath of the Titans" precluded him from re-shooting the cameo and Phillips had to recast. Director and sometimes actor Nick Cassavetes stepped in and barring any cuts, "should" still appear in the film. Neeson's shooting schedule must be very tight because "Wrath" and "Hangover" are both being produced by Warner Bros. who no doubt would want to make the reshoot happen.
Cassavetes has appeared in films such as "Face/Off," "Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle" and "The Astronaut's Wife." He's better known for directing films such as "John Q," "The Notebook," "Alpha Dog" and "My Sister's Keeper." His new dramedy "Yellow" with Ben Foster, Hank Azaria and Sienna Miller is expected sometime in 2012.
Neeson's "Wrath of the Titans," a sequel to 2010's "The Clash of the Titans," will be released on March 30, 2012.
"The Hangover, Part II" opens nationwide on May 26.
News From Our Partners
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas' 'Rapturepalooza' Trailer: Anna Kendrick Gets Seduced by Satan 'Doctor Who' Season 8: Matt Smith Confirmed to Stay Another Year?
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!