Regina Spektor announces new album, 'What We Saw From the Cheap Seats'
Singer-songwriter teams back up with Mike Elizondo
Regina Spektor has a new story to tell, from the "Cheap Seats."
The singer-songwriter has taken to her Facebook page this week to announce her new effort, "What We Saw From the Cheap Seats," due in May 2012.
The album will see her re-team with Mike Elizondo, the multi-genre producer who also helmed her last, 2009 effort "Far." The set was recorded this past summer in Los Angeles.
"It's been finished for a little while but i had no idea when it would be out in the world until now," she wrote.
The Moscow-born artist was also busy this year with a completely separate project. She is helming the music to a new Broadway show, the "Sleeping Beauty"-inspired musical "Beauty." Though it was initally projected the project would hit the Great White Way osmetime before year's end, there's no definite premiere date currently.
"Far" debuted and peaked at No. 3 on The Billboard 200.
News From Our Partners
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain