Red Hot Chili Peppers confirm release date of new album
'I'm With You' is the rockers' first studio set since 2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers are preparing the release of their first studio set since 2006's double-album "Stadium Arcadium": "I'm With You" will be out on Aug. 30 in the U.S.
The band announced the record on their website, adding that it was produced by superstar industry vet and frequent go-to Rick Rubin. Some outlets are reporting the first single will be titled "The Adventures of Raindance Maggie," with an estimated drop date of July 18. [Update: Though "Adventures" is widely reported as being the first single, a spokesperson for RHCP said that a first single has not been confirmed.]
The rock group also confirmed its first show in Hong Kong over the weekend, slated for Aug. 9 at AsiaWorld Arena; previously announced gigs include headlining Japan's Summer Sonic Festival in Osaka on Aug. 13 and in Tokyo on August 14th, plus Rock in Rio Festival in Rio de Janeiro on Sept. 24. They have yet to schedule any North American tour stops.
The last single from "Stadium Arcadium" was "Hump de Bump," which topped out in 2007; the set topped the Billboard 200 album chart and yielded three Grammy Awards, including Best Rock Album.
News From Our Partners
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts