Radiohead finally performing 'King of Limbs' live, on TV
British rockers have done little in the way of promoting their new effort
Aside from an official music video, the limited-run Universal Sigh newspaper and the physical release date, Radiohead has done little in the way of promoting their newest album "King of Limbs." Until now.
The British band will be performing the new album front-to-back in the BBC special "King of Limbs: Live From The Basement." The From The Basement series is a podcast helmed by frequent Radiohead collaborator and "King of Limbs" producer Nigel Godrich, in which he and his team film band within a studio setting for broadcast on the internet or -- obviously, when appropriate -- licensed to TV.
The live broadcast of "Basement" airs on July 1; the 55-minute set will be the 40-minute album and then, apparently, whatever the band wants, whether its behind-the-scenes footage, new songs, old songs or silence.
It marks the only time the band has performed on television in 2011, as well as the only time they've played "King" live to an audience this year.
News From Our Partners
- Who Won 'DWTS'? Backstage Drama Leads To 'Nashville' Changes Who Went Home On 'The Voice'?
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- HomeVideo Review: My Neighbor Totoro / Howl’s Moving Castle TV Club 10: What made The Middle one of the best family comedies in years For Our Consideration: Will indie-rock reunions become just part of the plan?
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- 'The Voice' Recap: Top 8 Revealed, Blake Shelton + Miranda Lambert Perform 'Over You' T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive