R. Kelly, Shakira, Pitbull featured on 2010 World Cup Album
What the heck is a Mascot Song?
The 2010 World Cup kicks off with a concert on June 10 in Soweto/Johannesburg , South Africa, but football / soccer fans can get their kicks even earlier with some of the songs to be featured in the month-long event.
Epic Records is releasing the 12-track "Listen Up! The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Album" on June 1. R. Kelly with the Soweto Spiritual Singers, Shakira with Freshlyground, Pitbull with TKZee and Dario G, Wyclef, Matisyahu (singing "One Day," which sounds precisely like "No Woman No Cry") and more will be featured, along with several African and world artists and Nelson Mandela's "Message of Hope" to shine the thing off.
"Waka Waka" is the 2010 FIFA World Cup Song, whith "Sign of a Victory" is its anthem. And in what completely perplexes up, there's such thing as a Mascot Song. Does that mean Pitbull puts on one of those oversized costumes?
Proceeds from the album go to an African non-profit that builds Football for Hope centers for fitness and community living in the continent.
Shakira will be performaing at the opening night concert on the 10th and at the closing ceremonies with Freshlyground on July 11.
The games run June 11 through July 11, and rest assured you'll be hearing all of these jams during the matches.
Here is the tracklist to "Listen Up! The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Album":
1. R. Kelly featuring Soweto Spiritual Singers - Sign of a Victory (The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup™ Anthem)
2. Shakira featuring Freshlyground - Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) (The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup™ Song)
3. Nneka - Viva Africa
4. Matisyahu featuring Nameless - One Day
5. Ternielle Nelson, Jason Hartman, UJU, Louise Carver, Aya & Deep Level – Shosoloza 2010
6. J Pre, Wyclef, Jazmine Sullivan, and B Howard - Ke Nako
7. Angelique Kidjo and John Legend - Move On Up
8. Judy Bailey featuring Uju - Spirit of Freedom
9. Pitbull, TKZee and Dario G - Game On (The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup™ Mascot Song)
10. MISIA ft M2J + Francis Jocky - Maware Maware
11. Claudia Leitte and Lira - Mascaras (South Africa '10 to Brasil '14)
12. Siphiwo featuring Message of Hope from Nelson Mandela - Hope
News From Our Partners
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition