President Obama visits David Letterman
Barack Obama will be the only guest on the Sept. 21 'Late Show'
For the first time in the history of "The Late Show," a sitting president is coming to visit David Letterman.
CBS has announced that President Barack Obama will have a sit-down on the Monday, Sept. 21 episode of "Late Show with David Letterman."
Not surprisingly, President Obama will be the only guest on the Monday show.
While this will be Obama's first "Late Show" appearance as president, he's made six previous visits, mostly recently on Sept. 10, 2008. President Obama has been spending more time in primetime lately, including an address to Congress last Wednesday which preempted programming on NBC, CBS and ABC.
It's a big "get" for "The Late Show" and the latest blow in what has already been a difficult morning for Letterman's after-hours rival Conan O'Brien. In addition to watching his own ratings slide opposite Letterman's, O'Brien had to wake up to news of Jay Leno's 17.7 million viewer primetime debut.
"The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien" has yet to announce its guests for the Monday show.
News From Our Partners
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy