'Predator's' Adrien Brody gets ready for his Sci-Fi summer
The 'Splice' star talks about his next two at the 'Iron Man 2' premiere
You can't blame Adrien Brody for wanting to talk to the press when he walked the red carpet for the "Iron Man 2" world premiere on Monday night. The Oscar winner has starred in big event pictures such as "King Kong" and "The Village," but neither turned out to be the fan favorites moviegoers had hoped for. Now, he's got two films that could really break out this summer and, well, he may not be appearing in "Iron Man 2," but he's excited.
"Spice," heading to theaters in June, was one of the few breakouts from the midnight series at this year's Sundance Film Festival. In fact, the thriller about two scientists that take gene splicing a bit too far was deemed so commercial that its going to be released by a major studio, Warner Bros. It's also arguably the only fix for horror fans after "A Nightmare on Elm Street" opens this week until August.
Much more intriguing is the buzz-about "Predators." Directed by Nimrod Antal and produced by Robert Rodriguez, this kick-start of the "Predator" franchise finds a group of human "warriors" dumped on a remote planet as sport for everyone's favorite crab-faced alien hunters. Brody talked about the opportunity to play a different type of role than he's normally offered and to bring a bit of unexpected depth to an action flick.
You can watch the interview embedded in this page or for a larger version, click here.
"Splice" opens nationwide on June 4.
"Predators" hits theaters on July 7.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- GIFS: 10 TV Housekeepers That Ran The Show Megan Smolenyak: Celebrity Roots Series "Who Do You Think You Are?" Returns This Is Going To Be AMAZING
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013