Phoenix, MGMT, Devo, The National sign on to 2010 Lollapalooza Aftershows
A nice alternative to actually going to Lollapalooza
Not a fan of festivals? Won't be around for the full Lollapalooza fest? Do you really only like MGMT and no other band in the world?
Organizers at the Chicago three-day fest have announced that many of its performing acts -- including headliner Phoenix -- are playing after-shows around the Windy City once the lights go out in Grant Park.
Tickets for all days, Aug. 5-8, go on sale this Friday (June 25) at 10 a.m. CST.
Sorry, kids, no Lady Gaga on the list, though imagine the pop star taking the stage at the Double Door and have yourself a headache.
Thursday, August 5th:
Devo w/ Dirty Projectors @ Congress Theater 7:30pm
Slightly Stoopid w/ Collie Buddz @ House of Blues 8pm
New Pornographers w/ Dodos @ Metro 8pm
Big Pink w/ Night Gallery @ Lincoln Hall 8pm
Cymbals Eat Guitars w/ Young Galaxy @ Schubas 8pm
Friday, August 6th:
MGMT @ House of Blues 10pm
Cut Copy w/ Dragonette @ Metro 10pm
The Walkmen w/ Warpaint @ Double Door 10pm
Edward Sharpe & Magnetic Zeros w/ Freelance Whales @ Lincoln Hall 10pm
Wild Beasts – Empty Bottle @ 10pm
Rogue Wave w/ Gamble House @ Schubas 1opm
Saturday, August 7th:
Precision Guided Musicians featuring Hot Chip (Live), Rusko, Steve Porter, Ancient Astronauts, and Perry Farrell @ Congress Theatre 10pm
The National w/ Antlers @ House of Blues 10pm
The Black Keys w/ Morning Benders @ Metro – 10pm
Minus the Bear w Miniature Tigers @ Double Door – 10pm
Blitzen Trapper w/ Avi Buffalo @ Lincoln Hall 10pm
Gogol Bordello @ Subterranean – 10pm
Wavves w/ Harlem @ Empty Bottle – 10pm
The Soft Pack w/ Royal Bangs @ Schubas – 10pm
Sunday, August 8th:
Phoenix w/ Toro Y Moi @ House of Blues 10pm
Health @ Reggies Rock Club 10pm
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18