Paul Walker 'pissed off' over co-star Chris Brown's situation
'Fast & Furious' star appears with singer in thriller 'Bone Deep'
While talking to the press about this April's action adventure "Fast & Furious," a movie that will kick off the summer blockbuster season a tad earlier this year, Paul Walker chimed about the co-star of another of his upcoming films, Chris Brown.
Many of the young star's peers the music business, including Lil' Wayne and P. Diddy, have tried to take a middle ground in a situation that finds Brown charged with felony assault and making criminal threats to his girlfriend, pop star Rihanna. It is a situation that will obviously have a long term impact on the careers of both talents.
However, one story that has gone under the radar is Brown's role in the soon to be retitled Screen Gems' thriller "Bone Deep." Besides Walker, who plays the villain, the heist picture features Hayden Christensen, Zoe Saldana, Matt Dillon and T.I. Brown is actually no stranger to the movie biz having appeared in "Stomp the Yard" and "This Christmas."
Walker was discussing "Bone Deep," which he describes the first true "Italian Job," when he brought up Brown's situation.
" Chris Brown is a good kid. That stuff going around pisses me off," Walker volunteered.
When a reporter followed up and asked what he thought about his co-star's current legal situation, Walker appeared to have a lot of sympathy for Brown.
"It sucks bro. Y'know, everyone screws up. People do dumb stuff," Walker says. "And I'm not saying I don't sympathize with her, I mean, what went down, went down, but he's a really good kid. And he screwed up. That's it. Top of the world man. He's got a lot going for him. What is he, 20 now? He was 19 when we were working. He's dealing with a lot."
Walker continues, "He's got a really sweet spirit. I know he's gonna be fine and he's gonna make it through it and he's gonna be good. I just hope that doesn't mess him up. I want him to be the way he was at the end of it."
The 35-year-old actor was then asked if the press have exacerbated the situation.
Walker replies, "Yeah, I mean if you were to ask her, what do you think she would say? Did she forgive him? Appears like it. She loves him. She knows his situation. She knows his story. I think she's sticking around. I'm sure he's plenty sorry."
When reminded that public opinion is certainly against Brown, Walker answers, "Well, I'm not."
Look for more on Walker's thoughts on "Fast & Furious" over the next few weeks and the Chris Brown legal situation, as it is warranted, on HitFix.
Are you the only one of your friends without a Wii? HitFix wants to give you a chance to win a Wii console player, a Flip digital camera or an iTunes gift card. Show us your entertainment know how and enter the Knowing movie contest today.
Stay up to date with the latest breaking news in the worlds of movies, TV and music by signing up for HitFix E-mail Alerts.
News From Our Partners
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy