Passion Pit announce new album 'Gossamer'
Massachusetts band playing multiple U.S. festivals this summer
Passion Pit will release their sophomore album -- and their first for a major label -- this summer.
"Gossamer" (Columbia Records) boasts 12 new tracks and will be released July 24.
The Cambridge, Mass. band rocked packed houses and shook dance floors with their 2009 debut "Manners" (French Kiss Record).
“On 'Gossamer' there is more of a dichotomy between the lyrics and the music," explained frontman Michael Angelakos in a press release. "You hear my lyrics more precisely which is something I was ready for. The lyrics on this album have a lot to say about what the last two years of my life have been troubled with." Oh. Sad.
Starting May 1, the band will hit the road in the U.S., stopping at a number of festivals, including Chicago's Lollapalooza, NYC's Governor's Ball and SF's Outside Lands.
Here are Passion Pit's U.S. tour dates:
5/1 - Geneva, NY - Smith Opera House
5/4 - West Palm Beach, FL SunFest
6/2 - Dallas, TX - Meltdown Music Festival
6/22 - Boston, MA - Bank of America Pavilion
6/23 - New York, NY - Governors Ball Music Festival
7/15 - Cincinnati, OH - Bunbury Music Festival
7/20-22 - Dover, DE - Firefly Music Festival
8/3-5 - Chicago, IL - Lollapalooza
8/5 - Montreal, QC - Osheaga Music Festival
8/7 - Morrison, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheater (co-headline w/ Justice)
8/10-12 - San Francisco, CA - Outside Lands Music Festival
9/9 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl (co-headline w/ Hot Chip)
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
over 1 year ago
over 1 year ago
|Discuss Gear Talk on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When