'Paranormal Activity 4' gets release date
Found-footage sequel will beat Dimension's 'Halloween 3D' to theaters by a week
In the most shocking news of the year so far, Paramount has announced an October 21, 2012 release date for horror sequel "Paranormal Activity 4", which will effectively make it the fourth film in the series to see release in as many years. The studio first announced the project on Monday, though no further details were forthcoming (and probably won't be for a good while now).
The date will also, incidentally, put "PA4" in theaters a week prior to Dimension's "Halloween 3D", which is currently slated for October 26th. That film, directed by "My Bloody Valentine 3D"/"Drive Angry" helmer Patrick Lussier, is the Weinstein's attempt to reboot the slasher franchise after it stalled out with the disappointing commercial performance of Rob Zombie's "Halloween II" in 2009.
'Boys Don't Cry' director Kimberly Pierce may direct new version of King's 'Carrie'
Can the story stand another interpretation, and why try again?
Perhaps the biggest question of all is - does the new generation of horror fans still give a hoot about Michael Myers?
Interested in hearing what others think about this pre-Halloween release-date game...do you think "Paranormal Activity 4" will continue the mock-doc series' domination of the October box-office?
News From Our Partners
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title