OneRepublic's Tedder writing country, contemplating movies
Listen: Check out the pop band's new album 'Waking Up' in its entirety
The songwriter told Billboard.com that while he's achieved so much with hits like "Stop and Stare" and "Apologize," as well as write the big hits for superstars like Leona Lewis, Jordin Sparks and Beyonce, he might be ready to move on from songwriting on the whole.
"I might reach a point with music when I'm kind of like, 'OK, I've done what I set out to do and I don't know if I'm gonna beat where I'm at,'" he said, noting he was going to slow down over the next couple of years. "I've always been the kind of person who...half the fun is getting there and I just move on to something else rather than being like, 'OK, I want to play king of the hill and see how long I can stay up here.' I don't want to turn into friggin' Madonna or whatever, where you're constantly fighting to maintain some kind of pole position. It's that eternal pressure to maintain it that drives people mad and starts killing people."
He's obviously still hard at work, though. He is penning some country tracks for superstar crossover act Rascal Flatts, and is now headlong into the album release cycle of "Waking Up," to be released tomorrow.
Meanwhile he's working that whole "I've got a friend who..." angle when it comes to his aspirations for film, of all things. But don't look for the typical musician-actor career move. Instead, Tedder would like to write screenplays.
"I love movies. I've always loved movies," he said. "I used to want to be an actor, but that's never gonna happen, so I might shift into writing moves [sic] at some point. I've had a couple screenplay ideas I've been toiling over for the last two or three years. I've already pitched one of them to a buddy of mine who's a producer, and he thinks I could get it made."
News From Our Partners
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- Charlotte Robinson: Somer Bingham Talks LGBT Issues and Life After The Real L Word (AUDIO) PHOTOS: Has Ellen Had Enough Of LA? Jennifer Aniston On 'Friends' Reunion: 'We All Miss Working Together'
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs
- Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single Watch This: Ronin is a triumph of crime-flick economy Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His Son Ho Young's Girlfriend Found Dead Listen to The-Dream Collaborate With Beyonce on 'Turnt'
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online