No story yet for 'Star Trek' sequel
Writer Robert Orci says one 10-minute meeting has occurred
Robert Orci and Alex Kurtzman are doing double duty this summer. They were screenwriters on both "Star Trek" and return to the mighty robot franchise with next week's highly anticipated opening of "Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen."
"Trek" has been one of the biggest and most critically acclaimed hits of the year with $234 million to date and has completely reinvigorated a stagnant franchise. Confident it would be a hit, Paramount Pictures already set Orci, Kurtzman and director J.J. Abrams to work on a sequel before the movie came out last month. Speaking at a press conference today for "Revenge of the Fallen," Orci gave a brief update on where "Trek" stands at that moment.
" We literally have not started to break story yet. We are just getting through all this ['Transformers' press] and then figuring out what we are doing next," Orci said. "We have had one ten-minute conversation the other day, but that is it."
The writer, who along with his partner will also serve as a producer on the sequel, also noted that they were "absolutely" excited about coming back to the franchise.
Clarifying, Orci said, "Absolutely, we are excited to start thinking about the next movie."
Rumors have speculated that the villain in the second film could be anyone from Harry Mudd to Kahn to even a "Next Generation" foe, the Borg. In any event, the "Star Trek" sequel is already set to warp into theaters sometime in 2011.
News From Our Partners
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When