No joke: Mark Wahlberg wants to make a movie with Justin Bieber
'Fighter' star also has three projects in the works with David O. Russell
How do you follow up your producing and starring in an Oscar-nominated drama that won two Academy Awards? Why you pitch Paramount Pictures making a movie with Justin Bieber of course. That was the surprising news from Mark Wahlberg today who revealed his plans in an interview with Vulture.
"Well, we’re putting it together," Wahlberg says. "Yeah. We’re doing it at Paramount. We pitched them the idea and, you know, we’re talking about doing it. He loves the idea. He's been sending me video, he sent me a video of himself, and, yeah, I think he’s really talented."
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
As for his "Fighter" director, David O. Russell, Wahlberg revealed they are considering three new projects, but the Bieber picture was not one of them.
Wahlberg will be seen next in the thriller "Contraband" opposite Kate Beckinsale and J.K. Simmons. He also recently filmed Seth McFarlane's "Ted" with Mila Kunis, Joel McHale and Patrick Warburton. Both films will be released next year. The 39-year-old is also a producer on HBO's "Entourage" and "Boardwalk Empire."
Bieber surprised many in the industry when his concert documentary film "Justin Bieber Never Say Never" grossed $72 million domestically earlier this year.
News From Our Partners
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards