No Doubt announce release date for first album in over 10 years
Belated follow-up to 'Rock Steady' will drop this fall
This time, there can be No Doubt - Gwen Stefani and company will be releasing their first album in over a decade on September 25.
No doubt, because all four band members - Stefani, guitarist Tom Dumont, bassist Tony Kanal and drummer Adrian Young - announced the official release date in a video posted on their official website over the weekend. You can watch it in full below.
"Hi everyone, we're the band No Doubt," began Kanal, who did most of the talking, as the canned cheers of a non-existent audience played. "We've been sharing a lot of information with you, but there's one piece of information that we have held back. And today might be the day to tell you that..."
"Our record is coming out on September 26," continued Stefani, to which Kanal replied: "Nope!"
Corrected Stefani, after a moment of knowing laughter: "I mean September twenty..."
And then there was more laughter as Young somehow flubbed up the year.
No Doubt's last studio effort was 2001's "Rock Steady", which went double-platinum in the U.S. and was nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album at the 2003 Grammys. Stefani's two subsequent solo releases, 2004's "Love. Angel. Music. Baby." and 2006's "The Sweet Escape", sold nearly six million copies combined in the U.S. alone.
Excited for new material from No Doubt, or have they lost your interest since the last album? Sound off in the comments!
Follow me on Twitter @HitFixChris
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
3 months ago
6 months ago
|Discuss Music General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When