Updated: Nine Inch Nails announces final tour dates
Band takes on small venues like Bowery Ballroom and Echoplex for 10 farewell dates
If you'll recall, Nine Inch Nails announced back in February that this summer's international tour would be their last. So the dates werea nnounced. And as this summer's gone on, more and more were announced.
And now's the time where even more are announced, though these are for North America, in select cities and at ultra-small venues, considering the band's massive fanbase.
"In NYC we'll be playing Bowery Ballroom, Webster Hall and Terminal 5. In Chicago, the Aragon Ballroom. In LA we'll be at The Wiltern, The Henry Fonda, The Palladium and The Echoplex. These should be cool, unusual and unique shows and I hope you come out - this is it." They also included that they will headline the Toronto V-Festival, with details forthcoming. Bowery Ballroom? Capacity 550? Freak out.
The Horrors will support for some shows as Mew will open at others. More information on tickets and, well, the actual dates are forthcoming.
Frontman Trent Reznor explained the jump to smaller venues. "[The tour dates] will be informal affairs in medium to small venues with longer set-lists, possible special guests, cool openers and other surprises. Upon reflection, the NIN/JA tour felt like we had to rush through sets due to a limited allotted set length and many shows were in daylight - it just didn't feel right to end NIN that way."
UPDATED: The following tour dates go on pre-sale July 17 with general sale up on July 31. The Horrors will support the August 22, 23 and 25 New York dates. Mew will support August 28 in Chicago and September 2 and 3 in Los Angeles.
8/22/09 NY, NY Bowery Ballroom *Tickets available exclusively at NIN.com
8/23/09 NY, NY Webster Hall *Tickets available exclusively at NIN.com
8/25/09 NY, NY Terminal 5
8/26/09 NY, NY Terminal 5
8/28/09 Chicago, IL Aragon Ballroom
8/29/09 Chicago, IL Aragon Ballroom
9/2/09 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Palladium
9/3/09 Los Angeles, CA Henry Fonda Theatre *Tickets available exclusively at NIN.com
9/5/09 Los Angeles, CA The Wiltern
9/6/09 Los Angeles, CA Echoplex *Tickets available exclusively at NIN.com
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds
- Weekend Movies: 'The Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6,' & 'Epic' (VIDEO) 'Dazed and Confused' Sequel: Richard Linklater Says It May Shoot This Fall Morgan Freeman Falls Asleep During Interview for New Movie
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- Former Cast Member Bill Hader Reveals Justin Bieber Was Diva on 'SNL' Set Rihanna vs. Nicki Minaj: Which Diva Has the Best Booty? – Readers Poll Rita Ora Dyes Her Hair Bright Blue [Pics]
- WATCH: Jon Stewart Shuts Down Bill O'Reilly '900 Pound Man: The Race Against Time': Is It Too Late? Ashley Benson Is Not Dating All Of Her Friends
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- 'Rush' Trailer: The Risk of Death Turns People On Need for Speed Rivals Will Race onto Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Sonic: Lost World's Six New Characters are Teased
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online