Nic Cage: 'I did not hire a Voodoo Priestess' to visit 'Sorcerer's Apprentice' set
Actors tells HitFix tabloid report '100% false'
Speaking to HitFix tonight in New York City, actor Nicolas Cage disputed a report by the National Inquirer that he'd hired a "voodoo woman" to remove a curse from the set of his latest movie, "Sorcerer's Apprentice."
Cage tells HitFix, "You may have seen around on the internet or different magazines seem to have no intention of checking their facts. I did not hire a Voodoo Priestess to break a hex on the set. That's 100% false. And I don't know why tabloids don't call up and ask before they print this gobbly gook."
According to a report from the Inquirer, Cage made the request after two car accidents in two days left bystanders injured on the "Apprentice" set last month. A source told the rag:
“Everyone was shocked when the voodoo woman arrived on the set. She was wearing a long black and purple dress had long stringy hair - and carried a broom. She sprinkled ‘Voodoo Dust’ on the pavement as she chanted weird phrases to frighten bad spirits.”
Cage claims the magazine did not contact him to verify the bizarre story.
Co-starring Jay Baruchel, Monica Bellucci and Alfred Molina, "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" is currently shooting all over lower Manhattan and is set for release on July 16, 2010.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS
- Rihanna Working on Eighth Album [Pic] One Direction to Release Fourth Book This Summer Beyonce Reveals Battle With Tonsillitis + 'Grown Woman' Choreography in Mrs. Carter Show Tour Videos
- 'Before Midnight' L.A. Premiere: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy Celebrate 18 Years Together (PHOTOS) Josh Hutcherson in 'Ape': 'Hunger Games' Star Lines Up Role in Psychological Thriller 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Kneel Before General Zod
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights 'Fast & Furious 6': How Michelle Rodriguez Came Back From The Dead
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly Interview: Katie Aselton on going from mumblecore to thriller—and directing her own nude scenes TV Roundtable: Boobies, pee-pees, codependence, and grounding the shenanigans with heart
- Xbox One Games Can Be Played By Multiple Users on One Console 'American Horror Story: Coven' Adds Emma Roberts 'Fast 6′ vs. 'Hangover 3′: Who Will Win the Memorial Day Weekend Box Office?