New TV On The Radio album due this spring
Brooklyn band preps 'Nine Types of Light,' plots Radio City Music Hall gig
In a wait that lasted less than three years, TV on the Radio has prepared a new album, "Nine Types of Light," for release this spring.
The Brooklyn quintet -- which boasts Gerard Smith, Dave Sitek, Kyp Malone, Tunde Adebimpe and Jaleel Bunton -- last released the well-received "Dear Science" back in the fall of 2008.
Few details are known of this new set, though a release describes it thusly: "Get your emotions strong; word is this album’s packing some heartstring heat. Hell, if the band’s last album, Dear Science, took us to a celebration on the edge of the abyss, where in good god will they take us now?"
Fine then, if there is no release date, at least the band has schedule a performance. As in singular. TV on the Radio will take the stage at New York's Radio City Music Hall on April 13. Tickets go up on Feb. 18 at 11 a.m. It supposedly the opening date for the rock act's national tour. Stay tuned to the group's website, which is also streaming old material, for those who need a refresher.
Sitek was busy this past fall, as he released his solo album under the moniker Maximum Balloon in September; he hooked in some friends like Karen O and David Byrne for the set. Malone release his own solo set (under Rain Machine) in September 2009
News From Our Partners
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After
- GIFS: 10 TV Housekeepers That Ran The Show Megan Smolenyak: Celebrity Roots Series "Who Do You Think You Are?" Returns This Is Going To Be AMAZING
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child