'New Moon's' Kristen Stewart admits she's at peace with superstardom
Watch: 'Twilight' star says follow up 'Eclipse' was a technical 'monster'
If anyone seems to have taken being under the "Twilight" microscope the hardest it's Kristen Stewart.
The teenage actress who'd first come to moviegoers attention in David Fincher's "Panic Room" had been on something of an indie movie tear before being cast as the iconic Bella in Catherine Hardwicke's big screen adaptation of "Twilight." From the cast's first Comic-Con appearance to the surprise blockbuster's premiere Stewart seemed overwhelmed by all the media attention and intense fan frenzy. And considering that she'd been around the business for as long as she had it was a bit surprising. Well get ready, because that's all changed now.
Today, Stewart appears confident, calm and almost at peace with her newfound fame. Talking with HitFix about the saga's ssecond installment, "New Moon," at the film's press day over the weekend, Stewart discussed her relaxed state of mind, how the second installment was her toughest acting challenge and what sort of projects she'll look for in the future. Here's a big hint: don't expect many romantic comedies from Miss Stewart anytime soon. if it ain't challeging, she isn't interested.
You can watch an embedded version of the interview on this page or check out a larger version here.
If you haven't seen HitFix's interview with Stewart's "Twilight Saga" co-star Robert Pattinson, click here.
To listen to audio or read a transcript of Stewart's Frday press conference referred to in the interview, click here.
Look for an interview with "New Moon's" Taylor Lautner later tonight PST on HitFix. Conversations with director Chris Weitz, the Cullens, the Volturi and the Wolfpack will be posted throughout the week.
"The Twilight Saga: New Moon" opens nationwide on Nov. 20. Find tickets and showtimes and more "New Moon" content here.
What do you think of the new and improved Kristen Stewart? Share your thoughts below.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In! 'Return Of The Jedi' Turns 30: Secrets Of Ewok Language Revealed! 'Fast & Furious 6' Expected To Lap 'Hangover III' At Box Office
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go?
- fun. Hit the Jersey Shore for 2013 'TODAY Show' Summer Concert Series Jennifer Hudson Reportedly Confirmed as 'American Idol' Judge Meet the Woman Who Won PopCrush's Autographed Pink Guitar!
- EA Teases Possible Star Wars: Battlefront Return Tom Cruise Leaves 'Man From U.N.C.L.E.' to Focus on 'Mission: Impossible 5′ Black Ops 2 Revolution DLC Free This Weekend
- Why He Fell Asleep During That Interview Alex Trebek Has Gone Completely Insane Arrested Development Could Really Teach Politicians A Thing Or Two
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews