Neil Young announces new album, 'Le Noise,' 8-song tracklist
'Guitar-driven' set produced by U2 helmer Daniel Lanois
Neil Young is releasing his next solo effort, the eight-song "Le Noise," on Sept. 28 via Reprise.
The first solo set from the veteran singer-songwriter since 2009's "Fork in the Road," "Le Noise" was produced by legendary engineer and Grammy Award winner Daniel Lanois. This marks the first time the two worked together on a single album; it was recorded at Lanois' house in Los Angeles.
"'Le Noise' features Young on acoustic and electric guitars with Lanois adding his trademark sonic textures, creating one of the most sonically arresting albums Young has ever recorded. No band, no overdubs..." reads a statement from the label.
“He walked in the door and I put an acoustic guitar into his hands — one that I had been working on to build a new sound," Lanois says in a statement. "That’s the multi-layered acoustic sound that you hear on the songs ‘Love and War’ and ‘Peaceful Valley Boulevard.’ I wanted him to understand that I’ve spent years dedicated to the sonics in my home and that I wanted to give him something he’d never heard before. He picked up that instrument, which had everything — an acoustic sound, electronica, bass sounds — and he knew as soon as he played it that we had taken the acoustic guitar to a new level."
So is "Le Noise" supposed to be pronounced like "Lanois?" We wonder...
The album will be released in all formats, with the CD/DVD deluxe version featuring black and white films of Young playing each song solo in the studio. A Blu-ray version of the DVD will drop in November.
"Fork in the Road" peaked at No. 19 last year on The Billboard 200.
Young and his wife Pegi's annual Bridge School Benefit Concert will be held on Oct. 23-24 this year.
Here is the tracklist for Neil Young's "Le Noise":
Walk With Me
Sign of Love
Love And War
Peaceful Valley Blvd.
News From Our Partners
- Why He Fell Asleep During That Interview Alex Trebek Has Gone Completely Insane Arrested Development Could Really Teach Politicians A Thing Or Two
- "Fast & Furious 6" vs. "The Hangover: Part III": Which Movie Should You See? (VIDEO) 'Fast and Furious 6' Review: 10 Things You Should Know About the Action-Packed Sequel 'After Earth' Unscripted: Will and Jaden Smith on Filming With Deadly Snakes & On-Set Parenting (VIDEO)
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- EA Teases Possible Star Wars: Battlefront Return Tom Cruise Leaves 'Man From U.N.C.L.E.' to Focus on 'Mission: Impossible 5′ Black Ops 2 Revolution DLC Free This Weekend
- 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In! 'Return Of The Jedi' Turns 30: Secrets Of Ewok Language Revealed! 'Fast & Furious 6' Expected To Lap 'Hangover III' At Box Office
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
- fun. Hit the Jersey Shore for 2013 'TODAY Show' Summer Concert Series Jennifer Hudson Reportedly Confirmed as 'American Idol' Judge Meet the Woman Who Won PopCrush's Autographed Pink Guitar!
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go?