NBC's 'Grimm' gets full-season pickup
Special original episode to air Thursday Dec. 8
NBC has officially announced a full-season pickup of its freshman fantasy/procedural drama series "Grimm", which has continued to perform solidly in its Friday night at 9 PM time slot since debuting to 6.49 million viewers and a 2.1 key demo rating last month. So far this season, the series boasts a "most current" average (live + 7-day DVR viewing) of 6.9 million viewers and a 2.3 rating, 7 share in adults 18-49 and has improved its time slot in "live + same-day averages" by 50 percent in adults 18-49 over a year ago. The show also ranks #1 in its timeslot in "live + same day" ratings in the adults 18-49 demo.
Revenge of the Three Little Pigs: A visit to the set of 'Grimm', Part 1
HitFix travels to Portland, OR to get an inside peek at the new NBC series
TV Ratings: 'Blue Bloods' carries another CBS Friday win, as 'Fringe' loses more viewers
'Chuck' is steady, while small dips for 'Nikita', 'Supernatural'
"We are very pleased to be making a full-season commitment for 'Grimm'," NBC Entertainment Chairman Robert Greenblatt. "This series is turning the traditional procedural drama on its head and is attracting a loyal following for us on Friday nights. We love where it's going creatively and we're excited to deliver more episodes to our audience."
In addition, the network announced the airing of a special episode of the series on Thursday, December 8th at 10 PM, to be followed by another original episode in its regular time slot the following night.
"Grimm"'s success - however modest - must feel like a breath of fresh air for the beleagured Peacock Network, which has continued to struggle with low ratings this season (cancelled series include "The Playboy Club" and "Free Agents") after a continued slump that has seen them take the dreaded plunge to #4 among broadcast networks.
Scheduling the show on Fridays was clearly a smart move as well, with the network likely informed by the success of other network genre series - including "Supernatural" and (for awhile, at least) "Fringe" - which also managed to find solid audience numbers on the night.
Any fans of "Grimm" out there excited for the show's pickup? Sound off in the comments!
News From Our Partners
- Why They Went 'Crazy' 30 EPIC Wedding Disasters 'No One Lives Forever'
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- 'Angry Birds' Film Dive-Bombing Into Theaters In 2016 'Fast & Furious 6' Blasts Forward With Exclusive Clip: Watch Now! 'Riddick' Trailer: Watch Vin Diesel Fight For Survival
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural CBS's 2013-2014 Schedule: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
- Hear This: Connections gives a Guided By Voices-indebted reason to go for the opener Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is Back and Playing for Blood 'Rio 2' Teaser Trailer Has Landed: Let's Dance! Cannes 2013: Celebs Invade Opening Ceremony (PHOTOS)
- Shakira Leaving 'The Voice' Next Season Source Claims Kanye West + Kim Kardashian Will Most Likely Break Up Before the Baby Is Born Demi Lovato Gets New 'Warrior'-Inspired Tattoo [Pic]