NBC sets premiere dates for 'American Ninja Warrior' and two others
Jenny McCarthy-hosted 'Love in the Wild' returns in June
For fans of ninjas, surgeons and Jenny McCarthy: NBC has announced the premiere dates for three new and returning series this spring.
The adventure-dating series “Love in the Wild,” with new host McCarthy ("Singled Out") returns June 7 at 8 p.m. ET. It will then will return to its regular time slot on Thursday, June 14 at 9 p.m. ET.
Meanwhile, “Saving Hope” (working title) begins June 7 at 10 p.m. ET. “Hope” is a new, hour-long drama from producers Ilana Frank and David Wellington (“The Eleventh Hour”) that centers on a comatose surgeon (Michael Shanks of “Stargate Atlantis”) who explores his hospital in “spirit” form, unsure if he's a ghost or simply imagining things.
Erica Durance (“Smallville”), Daniel Gillies (“The Vampire Diaries”) and Kristopher Turner (“Rookie Blue") co-star.
Finally, “American Ninja Warrior” premieres on G4 at 9 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 20. On the show, inspired by the original Japanese program, athletes from allover the country will compete in a tricky obstacle course in order to find the true “American Ninja Warrior.” G4 and NBC collaborated with the original Japanese broadcaster, Tokyo Broadcasting System Television.
“American Ninja Warrior” will shift to its regular time on Monday, May 28 at 9 p.m. ET.
This year, the two networks are splitting broadcast duties on "Ninja." G4 will air the preliminary rounds, while NBC will air the finals and the show's grand finale.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
25 days ago
10 months ago
|Discuss Reality TV on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal 'The Wolverine' New Trailer: More Ninjas, More Action and Jean Grey?
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away