Radiohead Capitol/EMI reissues to hit shelves Aug. 1
Rare alternative takes, video clips included in double-disc sets
Continuing its trend of milking Radiohead's back-catalog for what it's worth - and how can you blame them? - Capitol/EMI will be re-issuing collectors editions of 2003's "Hail To The Thief," 2001's "Amnesiac" and 2000's "Kid A" on Aug. 1.
These CD/DVD packages will include alternative and live recordings of songs, video clips and television appearances. For instance, "Kid A" features a session for BBC Radio One in 2000, Radiohead's 2001 appearance on "Later... With Jools Holland" and live recordings from Canal+ Studios.
The British band got the re-issue treatment earlier this year, in March, for its first three albums, 1993's "Pablo Honey," 1995's "The Bends" and 1997's "OK Computer." Vinyl reissues of 12 Radiohead "Capitol Vault" EPs hit shelves in April.
It's not a bad time for the label to vie for Radiohead fans' attentions, as the band has been largely quiet since the ground-breaking release of "In Rainbows" and a subsequent tour last year. Be warned though: the band is back in the studio with Nigel Godrich already.
"Hail To The Thief" was the last album Radiohead released contractually under Capitol/EMI. They famously let "In Rainbows" loose on the internet in late 2007 on their own, with the pay-what-you-want model. They released the physical copies of the album in 2008 via ATO imprint TBD Records.
Oh and because it's Friday and it finally quit raining here in New York, here's the winner to the video-making contest for Radiohead's "15 Step," our favorite track from "In Rainbows."
News From Our Partners
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After
- GIFS: 10 TV Housekeepers That Ran The Show Megan Smolenyak: Celebrity Roots Series "Who Do You Think You Are?" Returns This Is Going To Be AMAZING
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed