Modest Mouse sets summer tour dates; is there new material on the way?
Stop-offs may be a playground for trying new tunes
Looks like Modest Mouse have decided to build a July tour run around its Pitchfork Music Festival appearance on the 16th.
Isaac Brock & Co. will kick things off on July 2 in the bustling music mecca of Royal Oak, Mich., continuing through July 24.
The Pitchfork fest has been sold-out for months, so this at least gives fans an opportunity to touch base with the Epic band.
Or is it ground to test new material? It's been a little over three years since the rock band's last "We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank," and last year's EP "No One's First and Your Next" was a crop of B-sides from those sessions and from even older recordings.
There's no word yet from a Modest Mouse rep on the possibility of new tunes, but bands generally hit the road because 1) they run out of money and tours bring it back in 2) they have something brewing and want to get people excited 3) both.
"The Moon & Antarctica" is getting a vinyl reissue for Record Store Day, April 17 (Saturday), a 10 year landmark for the band. It's been out of print for five years, so there's that.
Here are Modest Mouse's July tour dates:
2 - Royal Oak, MI - Royal Oak Theater
6 - Kansas City, MO - Crossroads KC @ Grinders
9 - Santa Fe, NM - Paolo Soleri Amphitheatre
10 - Broomfield, CO - 1stBank Center
12 - Sioux Falls, SD - Ramkota Exhibit Hall
13 - Fargo, ND - Hub at the Venue
14 - Minneapolis, MN - The Orpheum Theatre
16 - Chicago, IL - Pitchfork Festival
17 - St. Louis, MO - The Pageant
18 - Knoxville, TN - The Valarium
19 - Asheville, NC - The Orange Peel
20 - Charleston, SC - Music Farm
22 - Montclair, NJ - Wellmont Theater
23 - Brooklyn, NY - Williamsburg Waterfront
24 - Boston, MA - House of Blues
News From Our Partners
- Nicki Minaj Gives Lil Wayne a Lap Dance During 'High School' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] David Guetta, Akon + Ne-Yo 'Play Hard' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] Prince Closes 2013 Billboard Music Awards With Rare Performance Medley
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games? FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19)
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Inventory: “Illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money”: 20 inept magicians in pop culture For Our Consideration: The crowd-funding conundrum: The line between bringing fans closer and taking advantage Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback
- 'Mad Men' Review: "The Crash" 'Game of Thrones' Review: "Second Sons" 'Star Wars Episode 7′ — Jonathan Rhys Meyers to Join the Cast?
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?