Michelle Rodriguez signs on for 'Fast and Furious', 'Machete' sequels
Actress is making a return to two action-heavy franchises
Michelle Rodriguez is gearing up for more action in not one but two forthcoming sequels.
According to Variety, the actress has signed on to star in both the next "Fast and the Furious" sequel (commonly referred to as "Fast Six") and "Machete Kills", a follow-up to Robert Rodriguez's gory 2010 action flick starring Danny Trejo. She will reprise her roles as Letty Ortiz and Luz/She, respectively.
"But wait, Letty died in 2009's 'Fast and Furious'!" some of you might be crying aloud at this very moment. Wrong. (Check out the "Fast Five" post-credits reveal for evidence.)
"Fast Six" enters production this coming June in Europe. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Vin Diesel and other members of the cast will be reprising their roles in the sequel alongside returning director Justin Lin. "Machete Kills", meanwhile, lenses in Texas later this month with Robert Rodriguez at the helm and Danny Trejo back for more limb-severing as the title character.
Of course, Rodriguez is no stranger to resurrecting seemingly-dead characters - the actress next stars in "Resident Evil: Retribution", in which her character Rain Ocampo reappears in the franchise for the first time since her apparent death in the first installment. The follow-up is slated to hit theaters on September 14.
Are you glad Rodriguez is returning to kick some ass in "Machete Kills" and "Fast Six"? Sound off in the comments!
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After