Michael Bay reveals 'Transformers 3' is going John Malkvoich
Frances McDormand and a Ferrari 458 Italia also joins the franchise
Showing he has relinquished little control of all aspects of the "Transformers" franchise, director and producer Michael Bay released a statement on Monday providing new details on the third installment of the Robots vs. Robots series.
Bay announced that Oscar winner Frances McDormand and John Malkovich will join the cast of "Transformers 3." It appears McDormand will have an integral role in the film as the National Intelligence Director. Malkvoich will play franchise lead Shia LaBeouf's first boss (whether he's already out of college is unclear). Bay also disclosed that popular character actor Ken Jeong is on board and just in case you didn't know he who was, Bay describes him as, "the super funny actor stuck in the trunk from 'Hangover' and the Doctor from 'Knocked Up.'"
The populist filmmaker also revealed that the newest Autobot will be based on a Ferrari 458 Italia.
The Paramount Pictures production will begin pre-shoots in a month in multiple locales including Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Florida, Texas, Moscow and China. "Transformers 3" was written by Ehren Kruger and is scheduled for release on July 1, 2011.
Do you have any hope that "Transformers 3" can be a good movie? Share your thoughts below.
News From Our Partners
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!