Martin Scorsese gets his first series directing Emmy nomination for 'Boardwalk Empire'
Oscar, Grammy and now Emmy?
Legendary filmmaker Martin Scorsese received his first Academy Award nomination in directing for "Raging Bull" in 1981. 26 years later he won his first Oscar in that category for "The Departed." Will Scorsese face another long wait for his first Emmy Award?
The Television Academy has honored Scorsese five times previously including Outstanding Cultural Program for "Eric Clapton: Nothing But the Blues: An 'In the Spotlight Special' in 1995 as a producer, outstanding nonfiction series for "The Soul of A Man" also as a producer in 2003 and as an editor for "AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to Robert De Niro" in the same year. His other previous nods were both in 2006 as a producer for "American Masters" and for directing nonfiction in "No Direction Home: Bob Dylan."
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
Additionally, Scorsese was nominated for co-directing the American Masters documentary "A Letter to Elia/Reflecting on Kazan," along with Kent Jones, in the outstanding directing for nonfiction programming category.
Scorsese also has won best directing awards from the Cannes Film Festival ("After Hours"), the DGA ("The Departed"), BAFTA ("Goodfellas") and two Golden Globe Awards ("The Departed," "Gangs of New York").
The 2011 Emmy Awards winners will be revealed on Sept. 18.
News From Our Partners
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- Weekend Movies: 'The Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6,' & 'Epic' (VIDEO) 'Dazed and Confused' Sequel: Richard Linklater Says It May Shoot This Fall Morgan Freeman Falls Asleep During Interview for New Movie
- Former Cast Member Bill Hader Reveals Justin Bieber Was Diva on 'SNL' Set Rihanna vs. Nicki Minaj: Which Diva Has the Best Booty? – Readers Poll Rita Ora Dyes Her Hair Bright Blue [Pics]
- 'Rush' Trailer: The Risk of Death Turns People On Need for Speed Rivals Will Race onto Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Sonic: Lost World's Six New Characters are Teased
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online