'The Voice' judge/mentor Adam Levine and Maroon 5 will be 'Overexposed' with new album this June
Rapper Wiz Khalifa to guest on one track
Maroon 5 have announced they'll be releasing a new album this June.
"[It's] one of our most diverse and poppiest albums yet," said frontman Adam Levine to Rolling Stone, which broke the news. Titled "Overexposed", the new LP - the band's fourth - will consist of ten tracks and is slated to hit stores on June 26.
Not surprisingly, the group is taking a cue from their #1 hit "Moves Like Jagger" on the new effort.
"'Moves Like Jagger' [from 2010's 'Hands All Over'] was the first time we ever worked with an outside writer, so we decided to try it some more on this record," said guitarist James Valentine in a statement. "At this point in our career I think it was a good thing to completely mix up our process and it yielded good results, as well as a more collaborative spirit within the band. We wanted to make something that sounded contemporary with the elements of a lot of early eras of pop music. This is our most 'pop' record ever and we weren’t shy about really going for it."
The band isn't kidding about the "pop" angle: "Overexposed" was executive-produced by Max Martin, the Swedish producer and songwriter who has crafted major hits for artists including Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Pink and Kelly Clarkson. OneRepublic frontman Ryan Tedder and Benny Blanco (Britney Spears, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Ke$ha) also served writing and production duties on several songs.
In addition to the aforementioned producer collaborations, of-the-moment rapper Wiz Khalifa will make a guest appearance on the album track "Payphone".
Excited for the new album, Maroon 5 fans? Sound off in the comments!
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
3 months ago
6 months ago
|Discuss Music General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title