'Mad Men' star Christina Hendricks gets 'Struck By Lightning' in indie comedy
The film also stars Dermot Mulroney, Alison Janney and Sarah Hyland
"Mad Men" hottie Christina Hendricks is joining Dermot Mulroney (the upcoming "J. Edgar"), Chris Colfer ("Glee") and Sarah Hyland ("Modern Family") in the indie coming-of-age comedy "Struck By Lightning," which has just started principal photography.
Alison Janney ("Juno") will also appear in the film, written by Colfer, and directed by Brian Dannelly ("Saved") .
The film opens with Colfer's character being struck, and killed, by lightning, and then tells the rest of his story in flashback, as he blackmails his schoolmates into contributing to his own literary magazine.
"We’re so thrilled to begin filming this story that really captures the trials and tribulations of coming into your own," said Dannelly in a release. "We’ve got a phenomenal cast on board and Chris’ script is so smart, fresh, and funny but also has such heart. I’m excited to help tell this coming-of-age story that I think will resonate with young audiences, and all of us who’ve survived adolescence.”
Hendricks will soon be seen in "I Don't Know How She Does It," with Sarah Jessica Parker and Pierce Brosnan, and the neo-noir "Drive," opposite Ryan Gosling, Bryan Cranston and Carey Mulligan.
News From Our Partners
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season