Jay-Z, Yeah Yeah Yeahs replace Beastie Boys at All Points West, Lollapalooza
Listen: Hov's new track 'Run This Town' with Rihanna, Kanye
This marks the first time Jay-Z will hit the stage at a U.S. music festival, with much to promote ahead: his "Blueprint 3" (featuring single "D.O.A") is slated hit shelves Sept. 11. He performs on Friday, Aug. 31.
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs will actually be taking the stage before Hov at All Points West at Liberty State Park in New Jersey, but will also act as substitute for the Beasties at Lollapalooza on Saturday, Aug. 8 at Grant Park in Chicago.
Promoters for APW are issuing refunds for single-day Friday ticket holders while C3 Presents, who is behind Lollapalooza, is not. "C3 Presents' policy is that cancellation by individual bands does not entitle a ticket holder to a refund. With over a 100 acts, the fans are still receiving a tremendous value," read a statement from the company to the Chicago-Sun Times.
There is still no word on who will replaces the Beastie Boys at two other major music festivals: Outside Lands in San Francisco and Austin City Limits.
In other Jay-Z news, a hot new track "Run This Town" has leaked (or "leaked" or "was released to the world by his record company). Listen below, for guest Rihanna and the production sparkles by Kanye West. Instant classic, or whatever we're supposed to say here.
"Run This Town" is also Rihanna's first vocal contributions since she was assaulted by Chris Brown on Feb. 8.
News From Our Partners
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season